Tuesday, October 11, 2011

bipolar weather...

Logan's weather is bipolar. I'm actually rather depressed about it. All of last week it was cold and rainy and snow began to dust the mountains. I felt gypped, somehow the weather had skipped fall!

Then, graciously, fall returned. Complete with light breezes and the crunching of leaves under my feet. Scarves and boots emerged as we debundled from the previous, more bone chilling, week.

And now Mother Nature has decided we didn't get wet enough last week. I awoke today to gloomy skies and a drizzle of rain. A befitting start that matched my mood as I trudged to MIS for a midterm.

Luckily, Institute brought a sliver of light to this depressing day. Not only is Brother Bateman hilarious, but a friend of mine, Curtis Harris, got engaged this weekend! Of course, we made him tell the story. It turns out that he and Lenae (?) went to elementary school together and he has liked her since second grade. He said, "The first time I saw her is still seared upon my memory."

Over the years they lost contact. They both served missions: he went to Mozambique, she went to Guam. When they returned, they started dating. That was in Spring. This weekend he took her back to that elementary school. They played hopscotch and swung on the swings and then he got down on one knee and proposed.

Romantic? Yes. Nothing like a good love story to thaw out an icy day.

Currently, I'm being bored to death in Honors Economics. Can you blame me for blogging?

The day is still young; we'll just have to see how the rest turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pennies for your thoughts...